If you love pumpkin, and you love a dish with Heat, I am sure you will love this dish!
Sometimes pictures are worth a thousand words, right? So I will not be writing up story to go along with this dish. :-)
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin (or you can use fresh pureed if you have it on hand)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced ( your choice, I am sure that sweet potatoes would go well in this dish. we used yukon gold, however next time I will try this recipe with the sweet!)
- 4 cups of chicken broth ( fresh homemade)
- 1/2 cup of Organic Heavy whipping cream ( or your choice of dairy substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- salt/ and pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of chopped dry parsley
Melt butter in a french oven. Add onion and saute for a two minutes. Add Pumpkin, and potato, cream and chicken broth/ Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat. Cook until potatoes are soft. Add spices, and salt and pepper. Transfer into a bowl, and puree soup.
Serve and enjoy!