Recently I saw a photo posted from Foodie and the Family for Carrot Cake Bites, courtesy of Daily Bites.
The recipe and photo inspired me to make a special treat for my kids and husband! We have been very cautious as what nuts we use, and have been favoring Macadamia nuts these days due to the omega 6:3 ratio. Macadamia nuts also contains all essential amino acids, and contains healthy fibers. Overall they are best for us!
- 1 cup of Macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup of Unsweetened Coconut shredded
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of Honey, depends on desire of sweetness
- One carrot shredded, about 1/3 of a cup.
- 10 dates pitted, and soaked in water for 5 minutes to soften
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon of Coconut to roll balls in
In a blender process Macadamia Nuts, and then simply individually add each item. Roll into tiny balls and then on a plate roll spread enough shredded coconut and roll to coat!
Serve and enjoy! Pin It