Seeing that it has been a while since my last post, I thought thought that I should post something up really quickly.
This recipe is one that we made several weeks ago. The inspiration came from a food magazine, of coarse in my quest to make it healthier, the mayonnaise is homemade, and the salsa is a fresh organic brand from whole foods.
This dish is a perfect Saturday, or Sunday brunch, and would the perfect crowd pleaser!
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (homemade if you like)
- 3 tablespoons of salsa
- 1 teaspoon of lemon
- 3 small to medium sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, or coconut oil
- 1 cup of onion (diced)
- 2 Anaheim Chilis, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh garlic
- 1 jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 6 eggs
- In a bowl mix all ingredients for the mayonnaise.
- Peel sweet potatoes and dice them. Cook in boiling water until firm/tender. About 3 to 5 minutes. Dreain and set aside and in a large nonstick skillet heat 3 tablespoons of oil on medium heat. Cook onion, red pepper, and diced chiles. Stir frequently on medium heat for 15 minutes. Add in garlic and jalapeños. Cook for about 2 more minutes and then transfer to a plate.
- Increase the heat to medium high, and add the rest of the oil. Add in potatoes and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes until brown. Return onion and pepper to mix, stir in cilantro, oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and mix in mayonnaise mixture. Stir in transfer to a plate.
- Fry 6 eggs, that will top servings of hash.
Serve and enjoy!!